Friday, June 28, 2013

Where's the time gone...

I don't know how it's been so long since I posted.  I know I keep locking myself out of this account by changing the password and then forgetting what I changed it too.  But lately, since Amelia naps so well, I feel like I'm becoming more myself again, and more able to spend a few minutes doing something for me.  I know I am probably not going to tell too many people that I have this blog, but if they find it on their own, yeah! 
First off, Amelia is over a year (akkkk!) and WALKING, everywhere, it's really nice.  I don't have to ALWAYS carry her, just sometimes.  Today, we went to the store, and I set her down so I could use both hands, and she quietly (for about 2 minutes) looked at stuff on her own, I loved it.  She is becoming more clingy though, and comes and hugs our legs!  So cute.  Everyone told us we would be missing the days of crawling, but neither of us have, we've both made comments about how nice it is to have her walk.  And it's so cute too!
Secondly, we've decided that I won't go back to work anytime soon.  And that was really stressing me out, I missed working and I didn't feel like myself without it.  I've realized lately that I do enjoy staying home with Miss A.  I've been contemplating a part time thing, but am probably not going to do it.  We'll see.  But each time David and I talk about me working, he gets more business.  And if he's working longer hours, it becomes harder for me to leave the house at 6 to go work a couple hours.  It's almost like someone is telling us that I should stay home....
It's already Amelia's second summer, and I realized this summer will be a lot more fun.  She is pretty good on car trips lately, helps that they are only 2-3 hours usually.  But she's so interactive now, she loves going to our park, and visiting people....  and I'm trying out things with her.  We've gone to OMSI, and the aquarium. Today, we're having our first soft serve ice cream!  It's the little things in life, people! I wanted to take her to the zoo recently, but David was feeling left out, since he's never around during the day to play with us, so we'll wait for a Saturday for that one.


No comments:

Post a Comment