Monday, April 30, 2012

Consigment Sales

Okay, so around Portland there are consignment sales in the spring and fall.... and this spring I managed to go to three sales!  The first was  smaller one that Miss A came along with me to, she was good and napped the whole time.  I got some really good deals and I happened to go the day a lot of items were marked down 25%!!

The second was one that I had been to before, and I was really expecting to get some great deals- the sale was suposed to have higher end clothing.  But apparently the people who consigned their stuff just dropped off the same cothing as every other sale but for more money.  Don't worry, I still managed to get some good stuff including a $5 red snow suit in 12 month size :)

The third sale was huge, it was at the Expo Center and there was so much stuff!  I went with a friend who is expecting a daughter in a couple weeks, so looking through the girl clothes was more fun!  Tho, she and I really had to pick over the clothes since most of the clothes were summery and both our girls need winter clothes for the sizes we were looking through....  I picked up a mini-swing for my parent's house for $12 and an exersaucer for us for $25.  Oh and clothes!  Mostly pjs, but a few other things, all for 6 months and up.

Between the three sales I picked up a lot of clothes for Amelia and a few toys!  Hopefully this will keep us set in clothes until at least December!  Amelia is tall and already in 3 month clothes (at 8 weeks she's been rocking 3 month clothes for 2 weeks.  It's kind of funny- none of the waist bands are lose to being tight at all, her pants move around all day long.  We are lucky to have friends who've loaned us plenty of clothes, but to be able to fill in the holes so cheaply was great!  Now I jusr need to finish washing the clothes and sort through them....

No comments:

Post a Comment